FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Seventeen and a Half Hours

You learn a lot about a person when you spend seventeen and a half hours together traveling and you are reminded of the endearing qualities that touch your heart. That was David and me making the long trip to St. Andrew's last weekend. I found out he likes Indian food, never really knew that, he doesn't use pencils anymore and much prefers pens; and that his public politeness is over the top. I learned he is a savvy traveler so I came home with a feeling of ease that he will navigate the UK and most of Europe without a hiccup.

I was reminded of how he softly chuckles when he watches a funny show, that he journals almost every night, he has scraps of papers with carefully written lines of something he is working on and that he worries about everything and everyone.

After such a long trip, and me trying to master the "other side of the road" driving, I will always remember his tall strong gait as he walked away to his dorm and his next four years.

No comments:

Post a Comment