FLOWER IN A SIDEWALK

Cultivating Resilience & Joy On The Other Side of Heartbreak

Sunday, October 10, 2010

David

I love to write. Whether it be in my journal or my blog, I just find it comforting.

But David's words are laid down on the page like satin allowing us to follow his stories smoothly. You can feel the touch on your shoulder like it was yesterday, the smell bread baking in the kitchen or the way you felt coming home from school being surrounded with the familiarities of what you left behind.

When he reads he describes it as tumbling in to the pages, drinking in every character and plot. He admitted to learning about dating from Jane Austen and experiencing death with Scout. But what strikes my heart is how eloquently he writes about Joe. Well, for a young man it is incredible.

I have kept every story David has written, and I am always amazed how each one is better than the last. How they draw me in wanting to keep turning the pages to the end only to be once again wowed. So my dear son keep your journal close, your pen full of ink and your computer fully charged. I want to read everything you write.

No comments:

Post a Comment